To prevent boredom at the college cafeteria, I would often try to eat meals like an artist. I would pick one or two colors to limit my selections and enhance my creativity.
- Yellow as easy: corn, cheese, bananas, scrambled eggs…
- Blue was more difficult: blueberry yogurt…
- Green was healthy: lettuce, peas, spinach, peppers, cucumbers….
- Orange was delicious: sweet potato fries, orange bell pepper slices, orange sherbet….
To keep us out of a food rut, I’ve carried this idea over into adulthood- occasionally limiting my options to enhance my creativity.
I hope you will join me for these recipe challenges! Let me know how it goes for you!
- Victory Lane Recipe Challenge – Make a recipe that starts with the first letter of the last name of each week’s winning driver from the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.
- Fruits and Veggies Alphabet Challenge – Eat your way through the alphabet of fruits and vegetables!
- What’s in the Cupboard Challenge – Make a dinner using only ingredients from your cupboards without any prior planning.
Featured image from https://pixabay.com/en/glass-summer-drink-liquid-lemon-3202702/